We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Tuesday, October 12

Life Changing/Spending Changing Event

And that event my friends...is called Maggie Mae. (formerly spelled Maggie May by my rents, but I enjoy Mae far more).


She has arrived...and I'm already feeling very sleep deprived, which I can only hope passes as she gets more comfortable at our place.

Maggie has only been living in Natick (which I'm considering calling "the tick" from now on because it grows on you, but haven't completely made up my mind yet) since Sunday afternoon and I can already tell that some things are going to have to change. For started I changed my hours at work to 7-4, so I have to get up a bit earlier these days, but it allows me to get home a bit early (and miss the brunt of the traffic) to get her out, walked, and fed. I can also tell that some of the decor is going to have to change around the old homestead. For example, we're going to have to buy a runner for the hallway, because Maggie the delicate flower that she is seems to having trouble charging down the hall without her feet slipping out from under her. A larger carpet under the kitchen table may also be warranted so she doesn't slam into the wall anymore when chasing her toys. The additional carpet will also help keep the floors from becoming a scratched up mess...an added bonus. We will also have to get used to the fact that glasses will inevitably be lost to the wrath of Ms. Mae's incessantly wagging tail.

Other expected routine costs include nail trimmings (she needs professional wrangling for this task to be accomplished successfully), toy purchases, food (to keep the bottomless pit fed and happy), cleaning products, chewies (AKA raw hides), dog walking/training (courtesy of Salty Dog Obedience owned and operated by Heather Marusa, I highly recommend her), car detailings, and fragile object replacements (vases, glasses, etc.). It's all worth it though, I've missed having a pup around. I am however terrified at the prospect of having to take her for walks this winter, god it's going to be cold...which bring me to another possible purchase resulting from Maggie's arrival...the purchase of a full-length down coat (I would prefer a down-alternative however).

Please note: Aaron made a very conscious dog harness purchase the day we got Maggie (the new surrounding and excitment has lead to some pulling issues)...The New Earth Soy Comfort Wrap Dog Harness. She loves it. 

In pink because she's a lady. :)

1 comment:

JMacBritt said...

YAYYYY!!! Maggie is home :)!!!!