We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Friday, October 8

Thursday & Friday Damages (10/7 - 10/8)

Thursday
  • $1.25 - Diet Pepsi (much needed caffeine boost)
  • $5.54 - USPS (mailing in the form for my stupid NY ticket from a ways back...just getting around to that)
Friday
  • $0
So we'll have to see what the weekend brings. I am planning on heading to the Wretham outlets (if I can stomach the crowds of people) to get some new work clothes. The recent drop in temperatures has left me with the realization that my winter wardrobe of appropriate work clothing is painfully lacking. So here's the conundrum though, out of all the stores at Wrentham (J.Crew, GAP, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, etc.) how many of them pay their employees (and I'm talking about the people who make the clothes, not the execs.) fare wages? i.e. this stuff isn't coming from some "fare trade zone" in some developing country. I don't like my chances of finding anything from a company that I don't think is a bunch of jerks. Sigh. I'm open to any and all suggestions of stores/brands that are actual decent.

We'll see how it goes.

    No comments: