We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Saturday, April 3

Friday's Daily Damage

  • $396 - BuyWithMe (GloMD MedSpa)
  • $1.25 - Diet Pepsi from vending machine (needed after the inspection fiasco, see below)
Alright, I can feel you all judging me out there for speding $400 at a spa...BUT let me explain. The deal on BuyWithMe was that for $99 you get $300 worth of laser hair removal, something that I have wanted for a very long time. Just think of not having to shave! Amazing. So since it takes more than one visit for the treatments to work, I bought four vouchers, which equates to me spending $396 for $1,200 worth of services!! It's an INCREDIBLE savings, how could I say no! So while I will be eating rice and frozen vegetables for the month of April I can seek comfort in the fact I will be keeping countless razor blades out of the landfill AND saving water with the shorter showers I will be able to take. You're welcome environment. 

On a side note, I tried to get my car inspected today only to find that the Massachusetts inspection gods clearly hate me. I went to three different garages only to be told at each of them that their computers were either down or that they were having trouble with them so it might be a couple of hours (which makes me think that these things must be on a network, if they're all down at once)! Umm...yeah, no thanks. I would rather skirt the law for a while longer by driving around with my expired sticker. Although, I've been told that you have a week after it's expiration to get a new one. Thank you, that is all.

No comments: