We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Monday, April 26

Monday's Daily Damages (4/26)

Monday
  • $46.88 - Banana Republic
  • $79.69 - Mother's Day Present (can't say where I bought it yet...she'll know what it is if I do)
So a couple of things, I locked myself out of Aaron's today b/c I had to leave my car and my keys at Nissan so they could fix a warranty issue with the dumb little gas popper thing. The guy that I was dealing with did not really impress me so much. Talk about leaving something to be desired in the customer service department and the brains department for that matter.  I was so annoyed with the whole issue that I didn't think about the fact that my apartment keys and the key to Aaron's were on my keychain. In fact I didn't realize it until I pulled up in front of Aaron's. Amazing.

So since he wasn't home, I headed over to the Natick Collection (AKA large a** mall) instead of just sitting and waiting, which I am not good at these days...I feel like if I'm not going a mile a minute, juggling 20-25 things in the air, then I'm not working hard enough. So anyways, I bought my mom her mother's day present, which I will be hounding my brother for his contribution for shortly...so really I only spend half of what I reported. Of course I wasn't able to get out of the mall completely unscathed...I feel victim to the sale rack at Banana. I am weak. I purchased two tops, both of which I can wear to work...my work clothes are a sad state of affairs these days. Sad indeed. At least this is how I justified my purchases to myself at the time.

I should note that I was able to bypass a number of my usual pitfalls however. Anthropology, Nordstrom, Lululemon, The Body Shop, Bare Essentials....not today my friends. Not today.

No comments: