We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Sunday, April 4

Maddened March Wrap Up

Total: $1,330

Holy Hell, I have really outdone myself, and my budget this month. This number kind of makes me want to shoot myself in the face. Right. In. The. Face. I mean I was expecting this to be a big month and had saved up some money in preparation, but it doesn't make this number any less disturbing. I mean really. I'm horrified.

The breakdown:
Health & Beauty: $215(remember that I had my hair cut this month)
Entertainment: $210
Gifts: $183 (some of which I haven't given yet)
Groceries: $137
Random Crap: $137 (Red Sox tickets, AAA membership, CVS trips that I didn't feel like breaking down, and other assorted items of randomness)
Clothing: $114
Gasoline: $97
Bars/Restaurants: $37
Snacks: $33
Shoes: $24.50 (I counted the SuperFeet here, I mean they go in my shoes...so I guess that counts)
Coffee: $12

The only good news I can offer is that April should be relatively inexpensive as I don't have any bridal showers, bachelorette parties, birthdays to buy for (b/c I'm already done shopping for Aaron's) and Christmas remains a safe distance away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hopeful that April will be the month you finally kick this ugly consumerist habit of yours. It's killing you slowly...like the people on Hoarders or Intervention. Just like that.

Jack Skellington said...

Ohhh do you think they'll have a show called "Ugly Consumers!" I would totally keep this up if it means they will. I should call A&E.