We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Monday, April 19

Monday's Daily Damage (4/19)

Happy Marathon Monday (or Patriots Day for some of you)!!

  • $5.53 - Star Market
  • $5.00 - Berry Line 
Today I decided that I deserved a treat after a very hectic ride home, so I got myself some Berry Line frozen yogurt with pineapple and granola. So let me explain why I deserve such a delicious a treat...today is Marathon Monday and I live on the marathon route, near Fenway Park...AND there was a Red Sox game today too. This meant that the roads leading up to my apartment were barricaded, there were drunk people falling all other the place, cops cluttering up the road but not really doing anything productive, and all in all just WAY too much activity. So needless to say, it took me much longer than I expected to find a parking spot and when I finally did, it was a meter, which meant I had to shlepp myself back over there to feed the meter b/c I could only put two hours on it. Sigh. Oh wait it gets better, while I was huffing it over there I was slowed down by a couple (drunk) singing A Whole New World from Aladdin. It was a bit much and it damn near pushed me over the edge.

Okay that's enough whining from me for one day...

No comments: