We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Saturday, April 17

Meet Your Meat

It always amazes me that the first question out of people's mouths when they find out that I don't eat meat, is "What do you eat then?" or "How do you get enough protein?" As if I must be starving to death because I don't eat anything with a face or a foot (this is my motto). There's a lot of reasons I don't eat meat. Among them, is that I could never bring myself to kill an animal, and I feel that if you can't kill it, then you shouldn't eat it.

I recently came across this video and it reaffirmed my vegetarian lifestyle. I warn you it's graphic and will most likely make you cry, I was definitely a mess halfway through it. Regardless though, you should know where your food comes from and how it gets to your plate. I've found that many people have no idea, and a lot could care less. Knowledge is power people, so feel free to watch this clip and educate yourselves.



Here's a little food for thought (in case you can't bring yourself to get through the video)...
"Animals on today's factory farms have no legal protection from cruelty that would be illegal if it were inflicted on dogs or cats: neglect, mutilation, genetic manipulation, and drug regimens that cause chronic pain and crippling, transport through all weather extremes, and gruesome and violent slaughter. Yet farmed animals are no less intelligent or capable of feeling pain than are the dogs and cats we cherish as companions."

No comments: