We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Tuesday, April 20

Tuesday's Daily Damages (4/20)

  • $5.93 - Russo's Market (totally walked out of my apartment this morning without my lunch, bummer)
  • $225 - CSA Share (split with Kiki)
I'm SUPER excited about my new CSA share! For those of you out there that don't know what a CSA is, it stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It's a way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer. Find a CSA in your area!


The Kik-ster and I are splitting a share, which will provide us with a plethora of delicious goodies once a week from June to October. Splitting the share made it much more affordable (when you think about it $225 for fresh, local produce for 5 months really isn't bad!) and also makes me feel better about the amount of food I'll be getting. You see, I was worried about the food going to waste if I was left to my own devises to eat it on my own (even with Aaron's help). Also, I don't so much cook...meaning my mother will be getting many a phone calls and will need to talk me through cooking 101.

No comments: