We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Tuesday, March 30

Rain....

Rain makes me want to do two things. Nap and shop online. Well mostly nap, but the fact that I'm sitting at work unable to focus on my work b/c I would prefer to be napping drives me to shop. I realize that makes no sense, but I can't explain the inner workings of my brain. They seldom makes sense.

So far I have stayed strong and resisted the temptations of my ShopItToMe daily email and the LaLa. Here are some of the items that I had to battle with my inner demons to pass by...

 Honora Silver Pearl Bracelet - $35 from $85

Honora Silver and White Pearl Bracelet - $79 from $195

Honora Pearl Bracelet - $19 from $49 
Honora Pearl Ring - $25 from $45

White House Black Market (ShopItToMe) - $39.99 from $79

White House Black Market (ShopItToMe) - $39.99 from $79

Black Diamond Poles from Steep and Cheap - $49.99 from $100-and something (I've been eyes walking poles for winter snowshoeing...I guess now is not the time to be making this purchase however...besides I think I would prefer Leki Poles)

First off, clearly I need pearls. Lately I have been loving pearl jewelry, which I have none of. I know, I'm so mistreated! Secondly, how great would the black and white bustier look underneath that sweater!  I know...perfect. 

This rain needs to go away so I can start daydreaming about all of the fun outdoor activities I could be doing while I'm sitting at my desk, instead of compulsively window/screen shopping. My bank account depends on it.

No comments: