We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Friday, March 12

Thursday & Friday Daily Damages

Thursday
  • $5.01 - Synergy Guava Drink (my dinner after school and before yoga...yoga after being in a car for 2 hours and being at school all day is quite challenging, particularly in the balancing arena)
Friday
  •  60 pounds - Hunter Huntress Boots


 Got myself some new vernal pooling boots, which conveniently can be worn around town as well...dual purpose! I bet you're wondering why I paid for them in pounds and not dollars...well apparently the U.S. discriminates against us larger calved ladies. I couldn't find them anywhere! Clearly it's a conspiracy. So I had to resort to buying them from an outdoor outfitter in England. Now we'll just have to see if they get here before the critters come out to play. Considering I stepped on a basking snake in the field the other day I have a feeling they're going to start moving sooner rather than later. 

    5 comments:

    theDootz said...

    These are the exact ones I have and LOVE them. They saved my life in this weekend's monsoon! Good purchase. I approve.

    And the snake thing...VOMIT. Please don't share things like that when you know I'm going to be reading.

    Hil J said...

    I love these boots! I highly recommend the Hunter "socks"; they make the boots feel like slippers!

    Jack Skellington said...

    I can't wait for them to get here!
    AND they came out to be $92 U.S., cheaper than the $115 they cost in the states! How crazy is that.

    Olive said...

    Dont they have those ones at Nordstrom? If not, they're quite similar, and you wouldnt have had to pay the shipping....Just looking out for you!

    Jack Skellington said...

    They don't have the "Huntress" at Nordstrom, because they hate people with well endowed calves. Jerks.