We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Wednesday, March 3

Today's Temptations & Victories

Every day brings with it new temptations in the form of a new wave of "stuff" that I want but do not need. Today was no exception.



Oakley sunglasses on sale. Sunglasses are the last thing I need though, I couldn't even being to justify buying them. I have three pairs of nice sunglasses (Ray-Bans, Smith aviators and Natives) along with 2 or 3 pairs of cheap knock offs. Alas, I passed this deal by and rightly so. 

Today was not all temptation though. I played a key role and deterring the Dootz from purchasing a bag, albeit a very nice looking bag. For Dootz is trying to cut back too and needed some moral support to resist this Rafe purse.

I agree, it's a good looking bag and it was on sale for $249 from its original $550. Quite a bargain.  BUT upon further investigation (i.e. clicking through alternative views) it was discovered that said bag was made in China by the "finest materials from Europe and Asia." This leads me to believe that it was probably made by some 8-year old for about 3 cents. Hey I could be wrong, but why take that chance?

1 comment:

theDootz said...

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for deterring me from this purchase. I can continue my day with a clear conscience and less credit card debt. You are a true friend.