We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Sunday, March 7

Weekend Damage

Saturday
  • $ 29 - AMC Theater 
  • $ 10.60 - Home Depot (Dahlia bulbs...getting ready for spring!!)
  • $ 23 - Hess
I bet you're wondering what movie I saw, right? ALICE IN WONDERLAND! Obviously. I don't know what the critics were complaining about! I loved it!! Can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

P.S. - I have a mild obsession with all things Tim Burton (hence the pen name Jack Skellington). Curiouser and curiouser.

Alice got out early and we weren't quite ready to head back to my apartment yet, so we may or may  not have snuck into Shutter Island. I prefer to think of it as getting the most for your money and if it's any consolation, I haven't snuck into a movie since I was probably 16...so I feel I was due for a little adolescent mischief. It keeps the soul young. 


Anyways, enough about how we got into the movie. I heard some bad reviews about Shutter Island as well, but I liked it. The ending was definitely unexpected, the type of ending that makes you go back through the entire movie in your head trying to pick up on clues. Anyways, it's worth seeing. Just be prepared for some overly dramatic background music.

Sunday
  • $0

2 comments:

Artieb said...

If you're ever looking to "schedule" a double feature, this website is pretty cool. I've only done doubles a few times but the rush of adrenaline is pretty cool!

http://doublefeaturefinder.com/

Olive said...

oooh, didnt you LOVE Alice? LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEd it.