We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Wednesday, March 24

Wednesday's Daily Damage

  • $0
Poor little Veruca's (Veruca is my car's name, yes my car has a name...as every car should) windshield didn't make it through the winter in tact, not so uncommon in New England. So like the responsible person that I am, I called to have my windshield replaced so that I can get my car inspected. No worries though, it's covered under insurance ANDthe glass replacement people came to my office and swapped it out right in the parking lot. It was wicked quick and easy and they even tranfered my FastLane and inspection sticker onto the new windshiled! A pleasant surprise.

Okay so my windshield was nowhere near as bad as this one...but the drama adds to the effect of Veruca's plight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It must've been quite a relief that your car was insured, and that you didn’t have to pay for the windshield replacement. The cost will surely leave a bit hole in your pocket. Anyway, their customer service seems to be really good. They even came to your office for the repair, instead of letting you drive to their place with a broken windshield. That was really nice of them!

Gale Freeman @ Crash Auto Glass