We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Monday, March 22

Weekend Damage

I warned you that it was going to be a big weekend....

Saturday  
  • $75 - Shower Gift (facial voucher worth $125 from Buywithme...bought it a month or so ago)
  • $58 - Victoria's Secret (Bachelorette Party Gift...actually bought this on the 16th but couldn't post it or it would have ruined the surprise)
  • $24.50 - The Estate (starting point of the night's debauchery)
  • $12.50 - The Liquor Store (ending point of the night's debauchery)
  • $ Major Moolah...in the $500 to $1,000 range - The W in Boston

So while I would not normally frequent bars like Estate or the Liquor Store...for a bachelorette party they suited the bill.  The charges for The Estate and The Liquore Store haven't posted to my account yet, they're still pending and I really have no idea how much I tipped at either of the bars, so it remains to be seen...these are my best guesses judging from my foggy memory of the evening. There remains some confusion as to how much I tipped at The Liquore Store because I wrote $20 on the receipt, yet my drink was only $8.50...I'm really hoping that I didn't tip them more than 100% for one lousy drink.

You also may have noticed that I did not disclose the exact $ amount that was paid at The W, the reason being that Courtney (said bachelorette) reads this blog and she doesn't really  need to know how much we spent on her party. Not to mention the suite was worth every penny...it was gorgeous! Plus I didn't pay for it solo so really even though a large chunk went on my card, I will be paying it off as soon as I get to the bank and deposit the money from all of the girls.

Sunday
  • $0
No real need to spend any money when you're napping on the couch all day.

No comments: