We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Tuesday, March 23

Take Back The Tap!

Remember my post way back when about The Story of Stuff by Annie Leonard? Remember I asked everyone to take 20 minutes of their life to watch it because it's incredibly worth while and informative. Well JUST in case you missed it...I have posted it below.



Well now to the point at hand...bottled water. I have a deep seeded hatred for this incredibly wasteful, completely unsustainable, and totally asinine  product. Annie Leonard recently released a new movie clip about the bottled water industry, a lovely little follow up to the story of stuff. I love, love, love it. Please watch it!



I challenge all of you reading this to "take back the tap" by thinking ahead and grabbing a reusable bottle instead of buying a bottle of water...I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you all have at least one water bottle, in one form or another (Mom, I believe I just got you a Nalagene so you should be good to go).

1 comment:

Jocelyn B. said...

Yahoo! Love me some Annie Leonard!