We are told over and over again that Shopping = Stuff = Happiness. But does it really? Should it?
I for one just don't buy it...hence this blog following my quest to overcome my shopaholic tendencies to become a more conscious and sustainable consumer.


Friday, March 26

Temptations Resisted

This week, like most others forced me to face the fact that I do not need the majority of items I desire, nor can I afford them.

For example...

Carla Mancini Boutique on RueLaLa...$270 (usually $620)

Another bag from the same boutique...$229 (usually $495)

This week was the week of the bag...pretty much the last thing I need. I have a trunk full of purses at the end of my bed. It's really quite something.This addiction, much like my shoe addiction can be directly traced back to my mother. She has instilled in me the need to have a purse/pair of shoes for every outfit, season and/or occasion. My father golfs...my mother buys shoes and purses (or as they say in RI...pock-a-books), it's a system that works well for them.

No comments: